Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Hours of work: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Origin Fitness Warehouse
The role requires the following behavioural attributes:
- Strong relationship skills
- Business focus
- Ability to plan and coordinate
- Self-starter (act under own initiative)
- Team Player
- Ability to listen and communicate
Day to day duties include the following (this list is not exhaustive):
- Plan and coordinate the incoming goods, storage, assembly and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management to include space allocation, stock transfer
- Organising and ensuring accurate and periodic cycle counts and stock takes
- Responsibility for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standard for other staff and customers
- Implement the companies health and safety policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practises within the warehouse
- To provide effective communication to the office in both verbal and written methods
- Manage external labour for the safe unloading of containers
- Manage general warehouse tidiness
- Comply with all relevant company work instructions and procedures for each job function
- Manage daily method statements for work carried out in the warehouse by other operatives, to ensure timelines are adhered to.
- Interest in Health, Fitness and Sports an advantage, but not essential
- Forklift Licence, but not essential
- Previous health & safety experience
- Stock management system and barcode scanner system experience an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work under pressure and manage complex situations with little assistance
- Solid understanding of the following IT packages
- E-Mail (Microsoft Outlook)
Why Join Origin Fitness?
- An Investors in People employer
- Committed to the Scottish Business Pledge
- Training and support
- Career development
- Opportunities to diversify and specialise your skills
- A lively and open work environment
- Free staff gym at head office
- Free staff car park at head office
How to Apply?
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 16th September 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. No agencies please.